1. Cupping - One of the easiest roof leak symptoms to spot is cupping. Shingles tabs are lower in the center while the ends turn upwards and curl. This can be a sign of natural wear and tear; but that’s not always the case. Sometimes cupping can be caused by improper attic ventilation. When attics overheat, they can damage shingles from underneath and cause cupping. This type of cupping can be cured with the installation of an attic fan. An attic fan will draw warm air out of the attic allowing cool air to replace it, preventing future shingle damages from taking place. If you think your attic may not be properly ventilated, call Roofer911 at (703) 475-2446 for a free, no obligation attic fan installation estimate.
2. Curling - Similar to cupping, curling is when asphalt shingles curl at the edges. This can be a sign that shingles are aging and may need to be replaced. Heavy sunlight damages can also cause shingle edges to curl and become brittle. If this is the case, then a simple roof repair is in order to save your Prince William County, Virginia roof from leaking. Call Roofer911 at (703) 475-2446 for your free roofing repair estimate today if you spot any curling shingles.
3. Curling Keys - If you have 3-tab shingles, the groves between the shingles are called keys. When curling or “fish mouths” occur around these areas you can bet that excessive attic moisture is the problem. In some extreme cases, low pitched roofs and inferior installation practices allow moisture to settle under shingles. As they heat up during the day, the excess moisture seeps between the keys and cause curling edges that lead to roof leaks. Proper attic ventilation can solve this common roofing dilemma. Call Roofer911 at (703) 475-2446 for a no cost, no obligation thermal scan of your home to help find energy leaks in your home and attic space.
4. Granule Buildup - When you’re maintaining your roof and gutters, you may notice some of the granules have come off of the shingles and piled up in valleys and gutters. If heavy granule loss is noticed, this could be sign of future roof leaks. Call Roofer911 at (703) 475-2446 for a free inspection and we’ll send a qualified roofer to inspect your roof and let you know if your roof needs any repairs to prevent future roof leaks from occurring.
5. Cracking - A shingle that cracks can be a manufacturer’s defect that needs to be repaired immediately before further problems occur. Cracking in asphalt shingles often occurs when fiberglass mats are too thin and crack from over exposure to the sun. It can also happen when the adhesive that holds the shingles together is too strong, not allowing enough flexibility in the shingles surface as it expands and contracts. If you notice any shingles on your roof that are cracked or broken, immediately call Roofer911 at (703) 475-2446 or email us at Roofer911@gmail.com for your free roofing inspection and estimate.
Serving the following zip codes: 20109, 20111, 20112, 20156, 20168, 20182, 22026, 22125, 22191, 22192, 22193, 22194, 22195
|Roof Repair||Skylight Repair||Attic Ventilation|
|Ice Dam Removal, Prevention||Infrared Moisture Detection||Flat Roofing|
|Window Leaks||Gutters||Roof Inspection|
|Siding Repair||Emergency Roof Repair|