Here at Roofing911, we know how rough the weather can be in the summer and winter in Fairfax County and the Northern Virginia area. That's why we recommend you have a roof inspection twice a year in the spring and fall to prevent roof leaks from occurring during the wettest seasons of the year. If damaged shingles are allowed to continue as is, they can easily leak during these peak storm seasons. Call Roofer911 at (703) 475-2446 for a free, no obligation roof inspection and you'll have the peace of mind in knowing that your homes roof will be well protected when heavy storms roll into the area. If damaged is noticed, Roofer911 always has same day roof repair service, 7 days per week.
• Natural Wear and Tear - Your homes asphalt roofing system is designed to last about 10-15 years. But with the right maintenance and care it can last up to a quarter century. A roofing contractor will inspect your asphalt shingles for extensive wear and tear. Large amounts of loose granules in the valley can signal a need for roof repairs. Heavy tree litter and leaf debris on your roof can add to the natural wear and tear of your roof and shorten its lifespan considerably.
• Flashings - Your roof inspection entails flashings against walls, around skylights, chimneys and along valleys for damages. Flashing disrepairs can be serious concerns for homeowners as these areas will leak once they are allowed to corrode and deteriorate. Your roofing contractor should look for signs of rust and other discolorations around metal flashings to prevent future roof problems.
• Plumbing Pipes - Plumbing pipes extend through your roof to allow off gassing of harmful sewage gas away from the home. These penetrations are secured to prevent leaks by installing a lead or rubber “boot” around the fixture. These boots can corrode, crack, split and break over time and when improperly installed. Your roofing inspector will check your asphalt shingle roof for areas around plumbing pipes for damages. If you find potential problems, call Roofer911 at (703) 475-2446 for a free estimate and complete satisfaction.
• Ventilation Stacks - Just like plumbing pipes, ventilation stacks are penetrations into your roof that can be a potential area for leaks. The difference with ventilation stacks is that they often have warm or moist air extruding form the vent. This can cause undue stress on the sealants, causing them to prematurely cracks, split or break. During your roof inspection, your roofing contractor will inspect ventilation stacks for any signs of disrepair or damages.
• Gutters - A roofing system that involves gutters should be inspected as well. Your roofing contractor should check gutters for any signs of leaks. Even if your gutters aren't clogged with debris, they can still leak if they are not properly sloped to allow water to flow unimpeded to the downspouts. Call Roofer911 at (703) 475-2446 if you suspect your gutters may be improperly installed as they may cause roof leaks during heavy storms.
• Siding - Thorough roofing inspections involve checking siding for damages as well. After all, your siding is just an extension of your roofing system in that it protects your home from the outside elements. A good roof inspection involves checking siding for damages like cracks, splits, sags or missing pieces.
• Windows - Areas around windows and doors can be prone to leaking if they are left alone to their own devices. Checking around windows for cracked caulking, yellowing seals and fogging window panes is crucial to a complete roofing inspection. At Roofer911, we pride ourselves on ensuring your home is thoroughly inspected for any signs of leaks so that they can be repaired immediately, before they are allowed to get out of hand. Call Roofer911 today at (703) 475-2446 for your free, no obligation roofing, windows and siding inspection today.
As well, we will gladly help homeowner's with building permits and other needed paperwork when renovating their roof. For a full list of building and development information; visit www.fairfaxva.gov
Serving the following zip codes: 20151, 20152, 20153, 22030, 22031, 22032, 22033, 22034, 22035, 22036, 22037, 22038, 22039
|Roof Repair||Skylight Repair||Attic Ventilation|
|Ice Dam Removal, Prevention||Infrared Moisture Detection||Flat Roofing|
|Window Leaks||Gutters||Roof Inspection|
|Siding Repair||Emergency Roof Repair|