Roof Replacement and
Roof Repair Specialist(703) 475-2446
August 13, 2011 by - 1 Comments
Did you like this?
We come into contact with organic materials floating around in the air all the time, but we need to be careful about being exposed to black mold. It is a toxic substance that can make you quite ill. People have died from the effects of breathing it, while others have been forced to permanently evacuate their homes.
During the reproductive cycle of mold, it produces trillions of microscopic pores that release into the atmosphere. When they land on a friendly surface they begin to multiply. A friendly surface is almost anywhere in your home with a little warmth and humidity. Think about an attic that is poorly ventilated. The warm, moist air from the rest of the house ends up there. If you have a roof leak, the rainwater trickling into the house leaves a trail of damp wood, drywall, carpet and insulation perfect for mold spores to flourish.
When you breathe in the spores, you can experience various symptoms. These include respiratory issues such as asthmatic or allergic conditions. You might feel like you have a flu with fever, and have trouble breathing. Over time without tending to the situation you will develop sinus infections, lung infections, coughing, rashes, nausea, memory loss, bleeding lungs and possible death.
The growth of black mold in your home can be controlled by limiting the amount of humidity or excess moisture trapped in the house. You roof repair contractor can inspect your home for roof leaks and inadequate attic ventilation - two of the prime reasons that mold and mildew take hold in your home.
Browse other blogs by keywords:
1 Responses to "Health Effects of Black Mold"
Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!